Every landscape has areas where there are plants, trees, flower beds and shrubs; many yards and gardens also have lawns interspersed with various masonry installations. While all these features need to be used in the right proportion to enhance the appeal and balance out the look of the landscape, you also need make sure that these spaces are demarcated well and this is where landscape borders are used.
These features are also referred to as concrete edging or curbing and they can be installed at any point where you need to create a visual and physical demarcation between areas and installations. Landscape edging is a vital aspect of a landscaping project; and when you opt for good quality materials that perform well and add to the integrity of the spaces, they provide value for money in the long term.
Companies like Curb Magic provide excellent landscape curbing solutions that perform well in various climatic conditions and settings and enhance the appeal of the outdoor spaces on a property. They cater to clients in and around Rochester, Irondequoit, Henrietta, and Pittsford and have successfully handled projects for customers across Greece, Scottsville, Webster, and Fairport, and serve a number of customers in Newark and Brockport too.
What Are The Different Functions Of Landscaping Concrete Borders?
- As stated earlier, these features are primarily used to demarcate spaces.
- Concrete edging is easy to install and it can be poured into the shape and form that is specified in your designs and plans.
- When you install this edging along the periphery of your lawns, it prevents the grass from growing onto the pathways, walkways or other areas.
- If you have flower beds adjacent to driveways or lawns, installing landscape curbing is one way to prevent the plants from being trampled upon.
- The concrete edging can be styled in the manner you like; so if you want to segregate spaces without having a very noticeable edging it’s possible to install ones with a low, flat profile.
- On the other hand, if you want the concrete garden borders to be noticeable, you can opt for installations that have a slanting edge with textured surfaces.
- If you want to add a more unique look to the landscape, you should tell the landscape border installers to include some aggregates in the concrete mix; this adds color and texture to the feature.
- When you have properly installed borders in your landscape, trimming the edges of the lawns becomes easier; and you will find that your garden and yards spaces begin to look very well-manicured and attractive.
While the design and materials are important, it’s important that you consult a good local curbing installation company to handle your project. Look for a licensed and insured operator with a good reputation in the field. When you are considering getting these features, you should hire experts like the ones at Curb Magic for the job. That ensures you will get high-grade installations that enhance the appeal, functionality and value of your property.